hamworthy recreation fc

Sam Jones

Richie Sands

Pete Pritchard

Rikki Walden

Josh Pratt

Dave Wrixton

Ash Boyt

Ross Hampton-Brown

Callum Charlton

Chris Long

Marc Fairbrother


Luke Geddes
for Charlton

Lewis Proudley
for Pratts

Harry Stokes
for Boyt

Long 63 80

Sandss 22

29/8/2017 League

Hamworthy Utd Res 0 Hamworthy Recreation 3

In the end this was a comfortable win for Rec, but it was far from easy at the start. The hosts had several good chances in the first half, which saw keeper Sam Jones produce some fine saves to keep Rec in it. Hammers had two players "sin-binned" and one sent off, which meant the hosts played all the second period with 10 men. The final third saw Rec stamp some authority on the game and claim the points.

Jones was in early action for Rec, first pushing away a dangerous header, then turning a low drive round the post, before Rikki Walden made a timely tackle as Hammers threatened.

But mid-way through the half,after barely creating a chance, Rec were in front. Callum Charlton was bundled over from behind when going for a header and the ref pointed to the spot. RICHIE SANDS stepped up to convert for 0-1.

The Hammers pushed forward and Walden, again, made a vital clearance, off the line, before a rising shot went just over the Rec bar. Just before the break the hosts were reduced to 10 men, thanks to a second yellow card. HT 0-1.

Ash Boyt saw his long-range effort saved and then set up Chris Long who ran in on goal and fired wide. But on 63 minutes Rec claimed the vital second goal. Fine work byDave Wrixton set up LONG to crash in, off the bar, for 0-2.

Rec were now playing some neat, controlled football and could have added to the lead. Harry Stokes pulled the ball back to Boyt, only for his shot to be blocked and Marc Fairbrother delivered a great cross from the right from which Stokes tuned and shot past the post.

Ten minutes from time it was three courtesy of another penalty, given for handball, spotted at distance by the ref (the locals didn't like it!). LONG confidently converted to complete the scoring.

Manager, Wayne Smith gave all three subs a run-out and one of them, Luke Geddes, was unlucky when his thumping shot from distance crashed against the bar and appeared to cross the line, only to be ruled out. FT 0-3.